Job Title: Brand Manager
Employer: Eastern Mountain Sports & Bob’s Stores
Classification: Full-Time, exempt
Location: Northeastern US / Flexible
Reports to: Head of eComm
We believe success comes down to people. Since 1967, Eastern Mountain Sports has been helping people of all ages and abilities to have more fun outside. As a trusted source of top-quality outdoor gear, apparel and advice, we operate over 20 locations in twelve northeastern states, working with top active brands such as Timberland, The North Face, Columbia, Carhartt, Marmot, ON, Sorel and many more!
At Eastern Mountain Sports, we take a lot of pride in hiring people who have a genuine passion for the outdoors and the desire to inspire happiness by connecting people to nature and each other. If you've got passion for the outdoors and a commitment to the environment, an obsession for properly outfitting our customers, and a high degree of personal integrity, EMS may be the place for you.
We consider every Associate central to the success of the Company and an ambassador of the Bob’s Brand. Since 1954, Bob’s has been your local Family Footwear and Apparel Store offering competitive pricing, brands that you love with the service that you expect. We have over 20 locations in eight New England states offering a great assortment of Team, Active and Footwear for the family featuring such brands as UA, Champion, Adidas, Carhartt, Levi, and more!
Whether you work in our stores, our Distribution center or Home Office, you will have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people around you by inspiring happiness and enriching our communities through quality affordable products and shared values.
About the role:
The Brand Manager will report to the Head of Marketing/Ecomm as a key player in working cross functionally with the Content, Marketing, Stores, and Leadership teams as well as overseeing the EMS/Bob’s outreach initiatives and social media marketing.
- Oversee social media channels, influencer marketing strategies, and growth tracking: partner with Integrated Marketing Team to translate marketing objectives into effective content and activations across social, digital & PR
- Assist in the creation of compelling storytelling and content to be used across all media channels to drive engagement, revenue and ROI
- Manage relationships with social good partners such as 1% for the Planet commitment, ensuring mutually beneficial partnerships and enabling PR opportunities where appropriate
- Supervise and support outreach efforts (e.g. product seeding, influencer marketing etc), tracking and reporting ROI goals to guide holistic views of category & competitive landscape and key opportunities for growth
- Assist in execution of virtual and physical events, with the ability to travel on occasion
- Ensure that all activities & communications tie back to the unique brand identity and strategic vision, and drive measurable brand growth
- Maintain and guide the long-term strategic positioning of the brand through awareness campaigns and consumer listening, serving as the voice of the brand
- Manage cross-functional projects from concept to execution in conjunction with project management personnel and partners
- Lead business analytics (share, competitive, consumption drivers), monitor performance against business objectives and recommend course corrections as needed
- Proactively assist team members on other category and or marketing products when needed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; 2+ years consumer marketing or related industry experience
- Experience in relationship management and/or partnership development
- Enthusiasm for marketing, curiosity for the consumer & passion for the brand
- Strong creative thinking with demonstrated ability to build activations with creative, digital, social, PR, and media agency partners
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with tight attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a collaborative, cross organizational work environment
- Ability to balance the strategic and the tactical, with a view towards how marketing initiatives map back to long-term business needs
- A flexible team player who can handle multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate effective meetings and provide timely and high-quality follow-up materials
- Problem-solving skills, initiative, and the ability to build consensus
- A commitment to the pursuit of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong ability to be proactive yet flexible as priorities shift
- Strong strategic & innovative mindset to solve brand business problems
1. Personal Improvement & Wellbeing: We are committed to doing the work to become the best versions of ourselves physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually in order to explore the world, build community, and curate living in a healthy state of joy, love and inspiration.
2. Empowered Thinking: We agree to do the work to metabolize our irrational fears so we can make rational decisions to achieve the outcomes we are looking for. This means we will be bold and courageous in failing forward, and we accept risk within well-managed parameters. The faster we hypothesize, test, validate or iterate, the sooner we succeed. There shall be no fear of rejection for speaking up; good ideas can come from anywhere; everyone has a voice; negative behaviors must be surfaced.
3. Integrity & Fairness: We seek a meritocracy where equity, inclusion, belonging, authenticity, honesty and integrity are paramount.
4. Service: We seek to deliver vastly more value than we cost and to make the world a happier place everyday.
At EMS & Bob’s Stores, we offer an industry leading benefits package that includes a variety of benefits including paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, tax deferred retirement plans, and access to experts in preventative care. We also offer fun perks such as access to online yoga classes through YogaWorks, Access Perks discount shopping, dining and travel network, and GoDigital University, our internal training program that is hosted by industry leaders in entertainment, music and more. We also offer Vendor Training opportunities that provide generous discounts through their online sites.
EMS & Bob’s Stores are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race (or traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, reproductive health decision-making, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, veteran or military status.