About the Company:
We believe success comes down to people. GoDigital Media Group is a multinational conglomerate with unique purpose, exponential growth and groundbreaking leadership.
GoDigital is an ecosystem of business units that unite content, community and commerce. We inspire happiness by connecting consumer passion points in music, entertainment, and sports. Our 1000+ employees share values that drive business results. GDMG partners with others that share our vision. The GoDigital Way is inclusive, extensive and collaborative. Join us.
About the Role:
We are seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Junior Accountant to join our finance team. The Junior Accountant will provide support in various accounting activities, including accounts payable and receivable, general ledger maintenance, financial reporting, and assisting in the preparation of financial statements. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in accounting principles and be eager to learn and grow within the organization.
- Conduct daily bank reconciliation activities
- Conduct daily audit and reconciliation of sales registers
- Prepare specialized financial reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Execute monthly general ledger tasks and ensure timely and accurate completion of month-end closing for reporting purposes
- Assist in fulfilling external and internal audit requests related to assigned areas of responsibility and contribute to the development of accounting processes and procedures
- Participate in special projects, system implementations, process improvements, and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed, in line with the job requirements and business priorities
Experience and Qualifications:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Possession of a degree in Accounting/Finance, with preference given to those who hold full or partial qualifications such as CA, CPA, or CIMA
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting functions within a reputable company
- Previous auditing experience at a Big 4 audit firm is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of technical accounting principles and proficiency in applying financial reporting standards
- Proficiency in computerized accounting systems and familiarity with web-based applications
- Excellent self-management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Excel, including the ability to handle and manipulate large volumes of data
Our team at GoDigital Media Group operates with the following core values:
Personal Improvement & Wellbeing: We are committed to doing the work to become the best versions of ourselves physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually in order to explore the world, build community, and curate living in a healthy state of joy, love and inspiration.
Empowered Thinking: We agree to do the work to metabolize our irrational fears so we can make rational decisions to achieve the outcomes we are looking for. This means we will be bold and courageous in failing forward, and we accept risk within well-managed parameters. The faster we hypothesize, test, validate or iterate, the sooner we succeed. There shall be no fear of rejection for speaking up; good ideas can come from anywhere; everyone has a voice; negative behaviors must be surfaced.
Integrity & Fairness: We seek a meritocracy where equity, inclusion, belonging, authenticity, honesty and integrity are paramount.
Service: We seek to deliver vastly more value than we cost and to make the world a happier place everyday.