Job Title: Royalty Specialist
Employer: Sound Royalties (soundroyalties.com)
Location: West Palm Beach, FL (4 days in office, 1 from home)
Reports to: Managing Director
Sound Royalties is dedicated to creating and delivering financial products that help sustain the music community. We have a deep appreciation for music and music Creatives. We understand and provide financing for music professionals to create their music, pay for the next project, and go out on tour without the need to wait for their future royalty checks.
Founded in 2014, we are the premier music finance firm providing artist-friendly funding on all types of royalty streams. We redefined traditional music financing, empowering music creatives with access to capital while never taking ownership of copyrights and allowing for ongoing cash flow instead of 100% recoupment. With this approach, we are the largest music financing service provider in the industry.
We currently serve thousands of music industry professionals in 14 countries and growing, from emerging artists and rising stars to GRAMMY-Award winners in every genre. Our customer portfolio includes hundreds of thousands of songs and streams that include credits by Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Bad Bunny, The Fugees, Alicia Keys, Zac Brown Band, Beyonce, Bonnie Raitt, Alison Krauss, Kenny Loggins, Smokey Robinson, Willie Nelson, The Black Crowes, Blondie, Kool & The Gang, Isaac Hayes, Solange, and so many more.
About the role:
The Royalty Specialist will primarily perform outreach to build relationships with Creatives and Referral Partners. This consultative role requires a strong ability to build trust, excellent communication skills, and a consistent, high-level work ethic. As a Royalty Specialist, you will present multiple financing solutions designed to support our customers in attaining their financial goals, lead them through the process, and ensure they and their support teams have a positive experience.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with music industry professionals, Creatives, and Referral Partners
- Provide an overview of our full suite of services; innovatively emphasize company features and benefits to appeal to the music industry community
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss financing needs
- Collaborate with the entire Sound Royalties team to develop practical financing solutions for the benefit of music Creatives
- Review and present program options and obtain required documents from Creatives
- Act in an advisory role to Creatives regarding finance and royalty matters
- Cultivate a positive customer experience by working with music Creatives to ensure all deliverables are reviewed and addressed promptly
- Maintain a real-time project/deal pipeline and systematically follow-up on new leads
- Track and keep current all sales-related activities in the company CRM system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of success in Sales or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suites (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
Why work with us?
- Our employees describe our culture as a supportive environment, and love working here
- We work hard, look out for each other, and take time to enjoy company activities and outings
- We are passionate about the unique products and services we provide to the music community
- You will benefit from our excellent base pay with discretionary bonus, 401k with a match, outstanding medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off, and our modern new office space in an eco-friendly building
- “What’s not to love? We take care of the customers, and management takes care of us.
Sound Royalties is a GoDigital Media Group company and we operate with the following core values:
- Personal Improvement & Wellbeing
- Empowered Thinking
- Integrity & Fairness
We offer an industry leading benefits package that includes traditional benefits such as paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, tax deferred retirement plans, and access to experts in preventative care. Plus, fun items such as access to GDMG University which is our training program that is led by entertainment, music, and other industry leaders and company events/excursions.
Sound Royalties is a member company of the GoDigital Media Group that is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race (or traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, reproductive health decision-making, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), sexual orientation, veteran or military status.